Why Miniature Cattle
The advantages of miniature cattle.
- Inherited gentleness, very docile cattle.
- Less acreage needed for miniatures.
- Minimal equipment needed.
- Less damage to fences and equipment.
- Smaller hooves prevent grass damage to pastures.
- More efficient than large cattle on grass.
- Better feed converters.
- Well suited for intensive grazing.
- Less manure, therefore better for the environment.
- Highly adaptable to different climates.
- Minimal calving issues.
- Short gestation period of 271 days.
- Lower total maintenance costs per head.
- Great size for 4-H kids and smaller framed individuals.
- Healthier and better tasting food production.
- Perfect butcher size for the standard home freezer.
- Perfect animal for those who want to maintain a rural lifestyle in a smaller package.
- Possible property tax incentives for small acreages for raising beef cattle.